Not long ago we looked outside and saw this robin, which is supposed to be a sign of Spring. What do you do with the so called sign when it is walking around in a snow storm?
Lately the girls at church have been watching me very closely when it snows or when I walk in and hang up my coat at church (because I shouldn’t be wearing that coat in Spring!). They are waiting to see if I’ll complain. I have to say that we are all getting a little grumbly. But where I could be whiney about it I simply say, “Spring’s Coming!”
We need that reminder.
I have been struggling with a bit of depression the past few weeks for various reasons and I need to be telling myself “Spring is coming!”
Spring in all its beauty, bringing with it the hope of newness and life after the bleakness of winter.
We all find ourselves in an emotional winter at some point in life. It can be brought on by various things but through Christ we can be assured that Spring is most surely on it’s way.
About the robin in the snow.
Sometimes the snow so obstructs our view that we don’t see the “sign of Spring” that God is giving us.
May we never get so caught up in the storm that we can’t see what’s walking around in it for us.
It’s the hope and promise of better and brighter days.














No comments:
Post a Comment