
This past Friday was a very nice day in our area so of course we had to go out and enjoy it. (You are never assured of two nice days in a row here.)
We went to Monroe and walked all over downtown (that took about 15 minutes) and down by the river.
I really enjoyed the outdoor exercise since I have been confined to mostly indoor exercise far too long.
I felt like skipping in the sunshine but I was pretty sure Vince would have walked away and acted like he didn’t know me if I did that so the “big girl” in me won out. This time. (I try not to let her win too much.)
The best part was that we tried out this quaint little coffee shop on the edge of downtown. It was a cute little spot with that “small coffee shop” feel that makes it such a fun experience.
We shared a coffee and a turkey wrap but yeah for me, I resisted the homemade cannoli. This time.
I love finding new and fun places like this. It’s like finding a hidden treasure that you can enjoy over and over. I plan to do that.
They have live music (mostly Christian!) on Friday and Saturday nights so there you go, Vince now has a new date night idea.
His favorite thing is that right across the street from my new coffee shop is a restaurant that serves all you can eat cod on Friday night. I guess this is that compromise thing married people are supposed to do. :)














No comments:
Post a Comment