You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Honor To Serve

On Sundays we pick up a mentally handicapped man for church. He is such a sweet man and really has a heart for God and our church.
One Sunday he was talking about how excited he was that he was going to help with offering collection that week. He was smiling so big and said, “It’s always such an honor to serve Jesus”. Wow.
That really struck home with me. So often I grumble at the tasks or I just do them because they needs to be done, not really thinking about it.
But Danny has given me a new perspective. It really is an honor to serve our King. Even the small stuff. Even the stuff that seems to go unnoticed or just taken for granted or the things that we do because "someone has to do it”.
It all matters because it’s our act of service to God. It matters because without the small stuff, the big things can’t be done well. It’s about all of us doing our part to make sure the church runs smoothly so that God can be glorified.
It reminds me of the song, Little Is Much.
Thanks, Danny, for reminding me of that.
I would add the Bible verse it reminds me of as well but I’m drawing a complete blank about the real wording or reference. Can you think of the one I’m thinking of? Help me out here. I think I’ll paste it on the top of my calendar for the days when I look at it and groan.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Hey there, cuz, loved the update on your blog. I think the verse you might be looking for, is Phillipians 2:14-16. Let me know if I'm right. I love all the insight and stuff you write about... reminds me of how much we have in common, our love of the Lord and our love of writing.
Hope you had a good choir pratice!!
LeAnn