I love a clean house.
It makes me happy and pleased with myself. If I were a cat, I'd curl up in the middle of my clean area rug and purr contentedly. And like a cat, it's even better when warm sunlight filters through the window and casts beautiful light onto my nice clean home.
Since I cleaned house yesterday and today I was reminded again about the things that make me truly "purr".
1. A shiny, empty all clean kitchen sink.
Oh my. The things that does to me.
I seriously can't help but smile.
2. A freshly vacuumed floor.
Complete with the marks it leaves to let you know you've done a thorough job.
Not a speck to be seen.
One could get positively giddy!
3. Everything in it's place.
When I'm done cleaning a room I stand in the doorway of that room and scan. I make sure everything is all in place. And then I just soak it in. I'm sure there is a look of pure happiness on my face.
I know it won't stay that way long but it's nice to see it that way for a bit.
4. The bottom of the laundry basket.
This doesn't happen very often. But when it does I just stare in amazement. A tear of joy runs down my face as I gaze in wonder at the blank bottom of the basket.
I have almost taken a picture of it once, just to document it.
5. A bookshelf with nothing but books on it, and all place in a row the way they should be.
I love it when my bookshelf doesn't have things piled on top of the books. Takes away from the beauty of a row of perfectly lined up books.
So there- my OCD all out there.
Sad and slightly pathetic.
But one most days, when these things don't happen. I have learned something that actually outdoes the OCD-ness.
I didn't write this prayer, but I agree whole-heartedly with it's sentiment. In fact, am humbled by the thought.
Lord, thank you for this sink of dirty dishes; we have plenty of food to eat. Thank you for this pile of dirty, stinky laundry; we have plenty of good clothes to wear. And I would like to thank you, Lord, for those unmade beds; they were so warm and comfortable last night. I know that many have no bed.
My thanks to you, Lord, for this bathroom, complete with all the splattered mirrors, soggy, grimy towels, and dirty lavatory; they are so convenient. Thank you for this finger-smidged refrigerator that needs cleaning inside and out. It has served us faithfully for many years and has enough food in it for several meals. Thank you, Lord for this oven that absolutely must be cleaned today. It has baked so many things over the years.
The whole family is grateful for that tall grass that needs mowing and the lawn that needs raking; we all enjoy the yard. Thank you, Lord, even for that slamming door; my kids are healthy and able to run and play.
Lord, the presence of all these chores awaiting me says that you have richly blessed my family. I shall do them cheerfully and I shall do them gratefully.
and the rest of that prayer, found on the internet is good to remember as well.
Even though I clutch my blanket and growl when the alarm rings,
Thank You, Lord, that I can hear. There are many who are deaf.
Even tough I keep my eyes closed against the morning light as long as possible,
Thank You, Lord, that I can see. Many are blind.
Even though I huddle on the couch awhile with coffee, before
I rise to go about my day,
Thank You, Lord, that I have strength to rise,
There are many who are bedridden.
Even though the first hour of my day is hectic,
when socks are lost, toast is burned and things get crazy,
Children can be so loud.
Thank You, Lord, for my family.
There are many who are lonely.
Even though the meals on my table never look like the pictures in magazines
and the menu is at times unbalanced,
There are many who are hungry. Thank You, Lord, that we have food.
Even though the routine of my day is often monotonous,
Thank You, Lord, for the opportunity to do the work.
There are many who have no work.
Thank you, Lord, for the blessings in my life.
Thank you, Lord, for all the chores that are evidence of those blessings every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment