You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Sunday, October 20, 2013

SNACK FOOD!!!!!

The other night I wanted a snack.
So, I went riffling through my snack stash.
As I was going through my options it dawned on me how different my snacking habits are.
I eat weird.
But, I eat WELL.
I mean, this stuff is GOOD!
While not on the "normal" snack food lists of the average American, I think they would be if they were given a fair chance.
I don't like to waste calories from food I put in my mouth so, if I'm gonna eat it, it's gonna be good.

I thought I'd share some of my favorites with you because I really think you should try them if you haven't.
It's my snack food recommendations.
So, read through the list and don't laugh at my random and slightly strange eating habits.
Instead say, "I should try that!" and then, go try it. Maybe you'll be hooked.


 
I have become "slightly" addicted to this.
Our Kroger has it on manager special from time to time (the only time I can justify it)
so when we see it, we get all of them. LOL
I can't vouch for the mango in the picture but focus in on the Original.
Oh. Oh. Me. The taste, the texture. The- everything about it!
I am in love.
They have other flavors that I've tried but I always go back to the Original.
It's by far the best in my humble opinion.

I am not a fan of store bought cookies. I'd rather make my own.
BUT....
I love these.
I have no idea why, other than the fact that there is a certain, unexplainable taste to them that I adore.
It's just the right chocolatey-ness.
They are glutton free, dairy free, and all kinds of allergy-free.
That's not why I like them. I think for me it would be, I like them IN SPITE of that. LOL
But I hide these cookies from the other people in my house so they are ALL MINE!
(I'm so nice)
 
 
I LOVE me some of this stuff!
The Vanilla Chai tea and Mocha Capp- not so much the other one in the pic.
But Bolthouse, I heart you.
I really, really do.
 
 
THESE I don't even like in the house.
Self-control goes out the window the second I see these.
There are no words for these.
Just happy sighs and moans of happiness as I savor each one.
Seriously, amazing! 

 
I accidently found these one day while shopping and I have dreamed of them ever since.
The MOST AMAZING mix of flavors.
The serving size is small so I don't bother with that.
I eat the whole bag. (just kidding, kinda)
Hard not too!
I don't get them often because they are rather pricey, but occasionally I find them for cheaper. After I have grabbed them all for myself, done an evil little laugh and ran away saying, "Mine, all mine!" as I clutch them tightly to my chest, I go to a restful spot and laugh gleefully at all the poor other people who will miss out because of me...
and then
I enjoy them immensely.
Yes, I do!

I first saw these @ Winco (Washington Peeps, heads up!)
They are so good and chewy.
I really like them frozen too.
Either way, REALLY good!
 

 
I don't think I have to say anything here.
Just stare at the picture and try not to salivate on the keyboard.
There are few things I like better than good Greek olives.
It must be on my top ten favorites of all time.
I could eat myself silly on them.
And I have.
 
 
Veggie chips- YUMMY!
I looked on Pinterest and found tons of recipes for DIY chips.
Next summer, I'm trying them!
LOVE the salty, vegginess.
Zucchini and sweet potato are my favorite
but I really like the crispy green beans so, it's kind of a toss up.
I'll take 'em all, really.


Nutty goodness in a bite-size bit of snacking perfection.
These are soooo GOOD.
I also really like the Pom-Cranberry Crunch.
If you sat them side by side and asked "which one?",
I'd pull a Lydia on you and say "both".
If these were in my house very often I'd gain like 20 pounds faster than you could say,
"Hide the clusters, Man!"
 

Occasionally, when I'm out and about for the day, I want a little pick me up to keep going.
These are great for that.
VERY tasty, good for you and easy to grab fast.
Same goes for the Be Kind bars below.
 
 
I haven't met a Be Kind bar I haven't loved instantly.
Only problem is they aren't like twice the size!
I really like the perfect blend of nuts and fruit with a little big of tangy or sweet.
These are my favorite snack bar.

 
Sometimes, nothing beats a regular ole cracker with cheese or peanut butter.
However, most of them are so full of junky stuff, I steer clear.
BUT Late July has kindly given me an option.
I can have my crackers and not worry about the bad stuff.
These are a wonderful little snack while writing or reading or watching TV or well, just about any time.


Pumpkin seeds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ADORE roasted and salted pumpkin seeds.
I like them store bought if that's all I can get
but homemade.....
Sigh. Drool. Gobble them up!
Perfect snaking, right there. Yep.
 


Pepper Jelly!
One of my friends brought us back some of this from Guam.
I wasn't sure how I'd like it.
But from the first bite I was completely and totally in love with it.
It is such a terrific mix of sweet, spicy and wonderful-ness that it's hard to beat!
All I need is pepper jelly and some triscuts to be one happy little gal.
They say to put cream cheese with it.
Sounds good but I don't want anything taking away from the peppery jelly taste.
Side note:
But speaking of cream cheese, you know what IS good with it?
Salsa.
Cream cheese mixed with salsa makes for a perfect dip for tortilla chips.
Happy taste buds indeed.
 



Salt and Pepper chips are my FAVORITE flavor of chips.
And I'm picky about chips.
Not a huge chip fan in general.
But I REALLY REALLY like kettle cooked chips.
And I REALLY REALLY like Boulder Canyon chips.
And I REALLY REALLY REALLY like their salt and pepper chips.
Funny because I REALLY don't like pepper in any form.
Unless you put it on a chip, apparently.
 

Dates-
Chewy, sweet, loveliness in a shriveled, crunchy package .
We keep these on hand almost at all times.
They are a wonderful, grab a handful and go, snack.
And oh so delicious.
But be careful of those pits!
Ouch.
 

 
This time of year, our local produce market has these for cheap (thank you!)
I don't think there's a day that goes by during this season that I don't have one.
Oh, the amazing-ness of these.
And they are pretty, too!
And I hear they are sorta healthy.

 
Another of my Top 10 foods.
I could eat these every day for like EVER and never get tired of them.
I actually get excited about them.
Plain or in guacamole, I can think of few other foods that make me so happy.
I seriously smile the whole time I'm eating one.
Test me on it, you'll see.

 
I blame my father in law for this snack favorite.
In a good way.
I guess I should thank him. LOL
Mercy, these are yummy.
Little bits of deliciousness.
They explode with flavor in your mouth.
Definitely a feel good snack. 

 
My favorite "go to" snack, is pistachios. Smooth, nutty and perfectly salted.
I love to pop it in my mouth, suck all the salt off and then de-shell it.
Then bite into the almost creamy pistachio.
And then I feel giddy all over.
Love. 

 
One of Vince's friends brought us one of these when visiting once.
I'm so glad he did.
I love the chocolate with actual bits of raspberry.
Raspberry and chocolate has to be one of the best flavor combos in the entire world.
This chocolate bar doesn't disappoint, even the most discerning of taste buds.
 
And finally-
THIS
I don't even know what to say about this.
I, by some amazing blessing of God,
was able to try these.
I will probably never be able to try them again.
This is NOT cheap chocolate.
It is beyond amazing chocolate.
All other chocolate pales.
I now understand why people pay big bucks for good chocolate.
Worth it!!!
I'm adding this here because while I had it, that one time, I fell so head over heels in love with it I may never be the same.
But it is a rare treat indeed.
So I will savor the memories and suggest to you that if you, by some amazing blessing of God, ever get to sample this.
Do it!
And think of me.
And thank me.
 
:)
 
Happy snacking!

No comments: