You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Footy Pajamas

It is time to break out the footy pajamas. For Lydia. Not Me.
I love how warm they look. All fluffy and warm, soft and cuddly.
And the feet! I love some of the feet on them.
So cute.

I have thought I'd love to have me some.
I know they sell them in adult sizes.
And wouldn't I look cute?
But I can't bring myself to do it.
Why?
Well for a very technical reason, really.

See, when you wear them, they are all warm and toasty UNTIL you have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night in a cold bathroom.
Normal pjs you can at least keep your top on, but you have to take it all off  when you are sporting footies and that'll wake you up like nobodies business. Burr!

So, I've then thought...how could they make them, shall I say, more "user friendly" for needs like this?
They could put the little "vent" in the backside like they used to with long underwear but with all the maneuvering that would take, it wouldn't be worth the risk involved and you'd still be pretty much wide awake before you made it back to bed.
They could maybe put a zipper in just the right place but not so sure a zipper would be so comfortable there.
I guess that's why they've left the design pretty much like they do for kids and not changed it much.
Even at the risk of losing sales from people who over-analyze their sleepwear.

And that's why I will go another year looking at Lydia's cute, footy pajamas and think "Man, those look comfy."
And then I'll say...Nah.

Good night, ya'll....from a normal pajama clad lady.

No comments: