You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Sunday, October 6, 2013

For The Love Of Peanut Butter

I LOVE peanut butter.
I don't need anything to put it on. Eating it right out of the jar is fine with me.
In fact, sometimes preferable.

So, when I came across a recipe that was peanut buttery, healthy, easy and oh so very yummy-
I was all over it.

Lydia likes this recipe a lot, and me, well...I just have to not make them very often because peanut butter and self control don't always go together very well for me.

Healthy in moderation? yes
Good when consumed in mass amounts? Um, not so much.

I do want to share, because it is a quick, easy and healthy (if done right) snack that fills you up just the right amount and gives you energy when you need a pick me up.

Before I give you the "recipe" though, let me tell you that all the ingredients are to taste so I have no measurements. It's really just- throw a little bit of this and a little bit of that in the bowl until it looks and tastes right.
My kind of recipe.

Here's what you need:
*Peanut butter (any kind, but I prefer creamy for this)
*Uncooked oats ( I like a lot because it tastes good and helps bind it together)
*Honey
*optional- I gave this recipe to a friend and she said "Where's the chocolate chips?" So she added those- health factor goes down a notch or two but she says it's very good. Your call.

Mix together and then, if you can wait that long, form it into balls.
Sometimes I add a dusting of flour on the outside of the formed balls to make it not so sticky. This is good for little fingers that don't like to be sticky or for little hands that don't mind being sticky and then touching everything in the house, thus spreading the sticky about thoughtfully.

Sometimes I just eat it with a spoon and forgo the ball forming.

Either way, it's delicious!

And one more thing-
If you love PB as much as I do and you have never tried these...
 
 
Go. Go NOW!
Get some!
Grab your keys, your wallet and run to your nearest pb seller.
 
I don't really care for The Bee's Knees (honey and pb) because I can make that at home so why buy it?
But the Dark Chocolate Dreams and White Chocolate Wonderful?
Oh. My.
There just aren't words. It's that good.
 
 
You're welcome.

No comments: