You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Change Is In The Air

I've been noticing how early it's getting dark. It's inching ever closer toward long dark evenings.
(That could be a post all in itself because of my utter dislike of long dark evenings.)
And the air is very decidedly "crisp". Okay, cold.
By evening we're pulling heavy jackets and blankets, sweatshirts and fuzzy socks.
I've gotten out my heating pad and it will remain a permanent fixture in my bed until mid spring next year.
We put the heater back in Lydia's room because it gets nigh on nippy upstairs by morning.
And the biggest indicator that the season is a changin'....I saw SNOW in the forecast for this week.
(The weeping you heard was me. )
Now, granted, it was only flurries mixed with rain, but when you see happy dancing snowflakes in the weather picture, you know Michigan is ready to bring it....and I'm just hoping I'm ready for it.
Dear Lord,
Please help me to not only accept the changing of seasons,
but to embrace it as from Your hand.
You have created it and it is good.
You have made it as you saw fit in Your infinite wisdom.
You will fill each season with the weather you see best.
Help me not to complain and grumble when it doesn't fit my comfort level,
but help me to see it as a display of your power.
Help me to use it as an opportunity to be aware of all you have given me-
a home to protect me against the cold wind,
heat to keep us warm,
abundance of clothes and blankets to wrap around ourselves as an extra barrier,
a cozy fireplace
a warm family and friends, full of love to share the long evenings with
and most of all, Your presence that is with me no matter the season.
There are many who do not have these things, Lord, so thank you.
Why should I complain?
Oh, Lord, help me see the coming season of cold and snow as so much more than I usually do. Help me to focus on all the FUN and JOY of the season. Because Lord, there truly is so much that is fun and joyful.
Thank You for it, All wise, All Powerful, Creator, God
Thank You that in every change- on earth or in our lives- whether it bring comfort or unease, joy or pain, fun or fear- YOU are the same. YOU do not change. And You are always with us.
You are our constant in a world so full of constant change.
AMEN

No comments: