You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Sunday, November 28, 2010

30 blessings

My life has been very blessed. It wouldn't be right not to share some of these blessings with you on my birthday week. Especially since it's November and we tend to see this month as a reminder to be thankful for all of life blessings, big and small.
Although there is no possible way to list all of mine I will try to give you a short list, yes 30 of them, of some that I am thinking of tonight.
The very fact that I have so much to be thankful for is perhaps one of the biggest blessings for so many have not the things I enjoy. I hold them tenderly, knowing that some are fleeting, some are eternal, but with each one I say, "Who am I that I should be so blessed?"
To hold what I hold, I know not why for there are others more deserving. To enjoy what I enjoy, I don't quite understand why it is I God has so blessed. But I grasp them with outstretched hand and not clenched fist for they all go back to God and are not merely my own.

1. I can not help but add first- My salvation. My standing in Christ. The blessed assurance that I am redeemed, my sins forgiven and heaven is my home.
2. Next, my husband. Ya'll that man is amazing! Being able to walk beside him through life and know he'll always be there and will always love me, I cherish that.
3. My beautiful daughter and the way she lights up my life.
4. My family- I have the best family in the world!
5. My friends- I love you people! You make me laugh, you share my tears, you walk with me in life. You're all the coolest. :)
6. Our home- Having shelter from the cold, rain and snow. How often we forget that not everyone has that.
7. Our church
8. Our cars. You never know how big a deal they are till you don't have one.
9. Our bed. I love our bed. We splurged on it when we bought our home and every night I sink down into it and have to stiffle an "AHHHHH". I can't tell you how good it feels.
10. Warm Blankets- I have a huge down comforter on our bed. It stays on my side because if it comes anywhere near Vince he throws it and says "get this vile thing off me!". But it keeps me warm and toasty and I love snuggling in it.
11. Baby Moniter- We have a video moniter for Lydia. I can't tell you how useful it has been. I have loved having it and highly recommend them.
12. The smell of supper still in the air.- It means we have plenty and God has provided.
13. A cup of hot cocoa to warm the bones. - It's the perfect evening warm up.
14. Laughter- Laughing because I'm full of joy and God's goodness. How sweet it is! Hearing my family laugh because they are happy- priceless.
15. Making new friends.
16. Fuzzy slippers on a cold evening. Bright multi colored furry ones, to be exact.
17. Smiles. Nothing makes my heart leap like my husband or my child smiling at me with eyes twinkling.
19.  Clean clothes. Another thing you don't realize how great it is until you don't have it. Ask my husband. :)
20. A phone call from someone I love.
21. Getting an actual letter in the mail. It happens so rare these days but it always makes my day to get one.
22. Music- Hearing a song on the radio that is exactly what I need to hear for the moment and it encourages my heart or hearing a song I haven't heard in awhile and it takes me back to another place and makes me smile.
23. Realizing I'm not alone.
24. Doing something for someone to bless them. There's blessing in being a blessing.
25. Being a SAHM. I'm so thankful God has made it possible for that to happen.
26. Dare I say it? My books. I have them simply for enjoyment but sometimes God provides for our enjoyment too.
27. Our computer
28. The toys all over my living room
29. People who pray for me, for us
30. My health

Thank you, Lord, for your blessings on me!

No comments: