You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Friday, May 29, 2009

Legacy Star


While I was in Oklahoma in April, I had the opportunity to sit down and learn a craft that I had been wanting to learn for some time.
I have lots of memories of my grandmother sitting in her chair crocheting and I wanted to learn that from her. It was something I wanted her to pass on to me so I could always say “she taught me that”.
So this last visit, she taught me that.
This is a picture of my first completed project. She was close by to help as needed and it took me about a week and a half. But I’m sure proud of it. And how cool is it that what she taught me I can now pass on to my kids.
Something I remember my grandma doing, now my kids can remember me doing.
I enjoy doing it but I think mostly I like it because it’s something I can share with her and there’s a part of her in my first piece and in every piece I will make from here on out.

4 comments:

LeAnn said...

That is just too cool! It looks beautiful! Kudos to you m'dear! Maybe you can teach me!? Not sure I could do something that delicate. It is really awesome that your Grandma taught you!
Love ya!

Diane said...

It's beautiful Kim!!!!

Diane said...

What did I call you Kim for? Sorry! SONDRA.

Sondra said...

Ha! Don't worry, I get called Kim all the time.