You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Believe It-Live it

I think it was Beth Moore who said-
“It’s time our reality has a head-on collision with our theology”.

That really struck me.

She said...
Do we really believe what we say we do?
Do we live like we believe what we say we believe?
In day in, day out, good times and bad times life, how much of our theology is in our reality; in what we do, say, think?

Do we believe we are forgiven?
Do we believe we are loved?
Do we believe we are loved personaly just as we are?
Do we believe God is watching over us?
Do we believe in grace without works? and mercy?
Do we believe in His death burial and resurrection and what that means for us?
Do we believe He’s coming back soon?
Do we believe He is near us always?
Do we believe He hears our prayers?
Do we believe He is big enough?
Do we believe He knows us?
Do we believe His word is real and every word in scripture is trustworthy and faithful?
Do we believe He guides us?
Do we believe He protects us?
Do we believe He is sovereign?
Do we believe He is real?
Do we believe He cares?
Do we believe we are victorious?
Do we believe we are free?

If we believed it,truely, would we live our lives just as we do now?
Every day, every second with every breath, with every choice, with every word, with every thought, with every deed, in everything.
Would are lives really be the same?

Do our closest loved ones know what we believe as much by examining our lives as by the words we speak?
Does Satan tremble in the face of our belief system or does he question if we really believe it?


Just something to think about.
It sure made me think.

I believe all that with all my heart and I'd stake my life on each and every claim.
But I pray that I really live it every day in everything. In the heat of the moment as well as in the midst of the daily routine. Laid back moments or high stress situations.
I pray that I always stand on these truths and my actions and attitudes reflect them.
No matter what I'm up against.
No matter what the cost.
Oh that my first and final reaction to any situation in life would be to back it up to these truths and respond immediately in light of them.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Made me think too. Good post!