The event talked about is weeks old but oh well, better late than never, huh?
Before I start, I must promise that hopefully this will be the last post on baseball for awhile. I’m beginning to see a pattern here.
With that said on we go.
Last month V and I went to a Detroit Tiger’s game. It was my first major league game and I totally enjoyed it. However it was the hottest day of the year so far and we were wayyyyy at the top where the sun could take it’s best shot at us. And it did. My arms and nose began to take on the prettiest red color you ever did see and I decided I didn’t want to be up there. (Someone forgot her sunscreen.)
So my dear, accommodating hubby took me down to the main area where we could stand and watch the game in the shade. Hey it was a better view anyway, right?
Well, right after we got down there and found a nice place to stand for the last 3 innings of the game, two girls came up to us and said, “We have to go, do you want our seats?” Well of course we said "yes" and 'thank you very much" and we found ourselves in nice cushy, shaded and fairly pricey seats. The view was amazing and we spent the rest of the game shaded and comfortable as we continued to munch on our twizzlers and peanuts and cheer for our team from field level.
What a blessing those seats were! It was just what I needed. I will try not to get spoiled and think I need that at every game but it sure was nice. That is totally the way to watch baseball on a hot day.
And the icing on the cake is that the Tigers did end up winning the game after some very tense moments.














No comments:
Post a Comment