So in the spirit of the Thanksgiving season that will soon be upon us I’m starting something that I’ve been thinking of doing for a long time.
I’m going to start taking a few minutes a day for a month and purposely make a list (you know how much I love lists!) of at least 10 things God has blessed me with that day. Then I’m going to take a little longer and truly thank God for them.
It can range anywhere from simple things that I enjoy to big blessings that are truly “hugs from God”.
I know that some days it is very hard to find the silver lining to our days and as we are climbing into bed we wonder why the day even was, but each day (good and bad, come what may) is a gracious gift from our Father who holds our days, our hours in His hands.
In any case, we have so much to be thankful for, great and small, and it’s time we acknowledge it.
Someone once said that it is hard to be blue when you focus on what you have, not what you don’t have. And don’t we have so much? If we were to really think about all we do have, it would at the least make us smile and at the most drive us to our knees in utter praise.
I found this little snippet on a blog and I thought it related well to this endeavor of mine.
Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for
you in Christ Jesus.1 Thessalonians 5:18That's it. That's all a day asks of me, He asks of me.
Just to give thanks.
It's what I'm made for, to give Him glory.
To glorify Him with gratitude is His perfect will for me,
His perfect plan for this day.














No comments:
Post a Comment