We had a lovely meal but as always, I fixed way too much. I always have this debate with myself about the pros and cons of having a traditional Thanksgiving meal with all the traditional foods vs. just fixing what's sane since there is just two of us.
As always sanity never wins.
When we sat down to eat, hungry and ready to dig in, all the food looked so good and we were looking forward to the pumpkin pie afterwards.
In what seemed like no time at all we were both groaning and looking at the table, thinking "did we even make a dint in this?" And needless to say, the pumpkin pie didn't even get touched until much later. I spent a good chunk of the day preparing this lovely feast and when we were as stuffed as the poor turkey on the table it looked like we hadn't touched it.
Vince was so full that he laid on the couch and just groaned for a bit. Either the food was really good or really bad. ;)
What do you think?
As a side note, a family from church has invited me to spend Thanksgiving Day with them so I'm going to go, have fun and enjoy the blessing of good friends. I guess this turkey will get a little more stuffed.














No comments:
Post a Comment