You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Be Still


In the stillness of the night-
My heart anything but still
It beats in rhythms of the broken
As I fight with my own will

Struggling with the reasons
It has to be this way
I cry the tears of a war torn soul
To weak to even pray

In the moment of such pain
I turn my troubled eyes
To see if He is watching me
To see if He's heard my cries

And there in the night I find Him-
He's closer than I knew
And when I look upon His face
I see tears in His eyes, too.

Not only has He seen me
Not only has He been near
But He entered my pain with me
And bore the feelings and my fear

Then I close my eyes and rest
Knowing I don't fight unaided
The battle may keep raging
But in my heart the fight has faded.

A peace I cannot comprehend
Has settled in my soul
And while the fight is going still
Victory is mine, in His control.

For this moment I will rest
Tomorrow I'll take up the sword and fight
His presence goes before me
So peace is mine this night.

My heart is calm because He came
And whispered "Peace, Be Still"
"The battle's mine, I've overcome,
Rest within My will."

No comments: