Sometimes, showing love is in the details.
Knowing the little quirks about someone. Knowing the little things they like or don't like. The small little things that make them happy.
And then, doing them just because it makes that person feel special and makes their heart smile.
It takes time to develop a knowledge of those things. It takes paying attention. It takes caring about a person enough to spend enough time with them to pick up on all those things.
Hubby and I try hard to show our love for each other in this way.
It's a special way we serve each other in love.
It says, "I know you enough to know the little things about you and I love you enough to care about them and do them for you."
Sometimes, those little things turn out to be the BIG things.
Some of the most thoughtful, most romantic things Hubby does for me are the little things he does because he knows they mean something to me. And he wants to make me happy.
It's not in the big spectacular displays, it's in the normal everyday living and the small moments when he thinks of something and does it. It's usually the thing no one else would know to do but him. But because he's been paying attention to me and because he loves me, he knows. And he does it.
Here are a few of the things he does that show love to me. Very few people would know to do them for me or understand how happy they make me. Most people wouldn't get it because some of them are random and silly. But they matter to me and so he makes it matter to him. And that shows love.
* When we pop popcorn, at the bottom of the pan, he leaves me the popcorn kernels. He just hands over a bowl of kernels and lets me at 'em. You give most people a bowl of kernels and they'd look at you pretty strangely. When V gives me the bowl, I smile, say thank you, and know he loves me.
* He buys me V8. When he goes shopping and he brings home V8, I feel loved.
* Figs. Fresh figs are expensive. But every year he buys me a few. Just enough to savor. It's a rare treat but that just makes it sweeter.
* He takes out the trash. I really don't like taking out the trash. So he does it, without complaint. All the time. He's just taken it on as his job, no questions asked.
* He keeps my car full of gas so I don't have to get it.
We won't talk about how taking that for granted can be a BAD thing. I've become so used to it, I hardly ever check the gas gage. Yeah, I won't be forgetting that anymore. I just happened to get to the car before he got gas in it one time not so long ago. Let's just say I'm glad Kroger put a gas station where they did because I'm not sure I'da made it much further.
* He makes me coffee. He makes the coffee in the morning and not only that, pours it in my favorite cup and brings it to me with a good morning kiss. A kiss and coffee. That's the very best part of waking up!
* He knows how I need to sleep so I don't get a headache. I have a bad neck. If I don't sleep right, I get a headache. He has figured out how I need to put my pillow and how I need to sleep and will remind me if I forget. Even if I'm super comfy like I am and he has to practically force me.
* He knows how many minutes to heat up my heating pad in the microwave so it will be just right for me.
* While sharing a can of mixed nuts, he pulls out all the cashews and almonds and gives them to me. He just does. We know who gets what nuts. Thankfully, we like different kinds.
* He knows I like it when he kisses my nose. He knows it makes me giggle. He knows what it reminds me of.
* When we cook a whole chicken, he lets me have the heart. Every time. He just plops it on my plate. And I know he likes them, too.
* He knows I don't like to go to bed if the living room isn't straightened, including the pillows on the couch in place. So he always makes sure the pillows are back on the couch and in their place before he goes to bed.
* Whatever it is, whatever the detail in life, if he knows it will truly matter to me, he will show love in that detail, giving me the part that makes me happy, doing things for me that I don't like to do, taking care of things so I don't have to worry about it, serving me in special ways....all these are HUGE to me. And I love him so much for them.
They make my heart melt and make me fall in love with him all over again. Every. time.
Betcha I'm the only person who gets romantic over popcorn kernels and V8.
Do I have a great man or what?!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment