There's been chaos, stress and busy.
There's been fun, laughter and relaxing.
There's been a little of everything.
So goes the days. So goes life.
In the middle of all the crazy this afternoon I found it hard to make myself sit down and read God's word. I wanted to do the things I needed to do, just to get them done. I wanted my list to be full of nice fat lines through each word as I crossed each item off and I wanted it done sooner rather than later.
But God was drawing. God was whispering.
"Come spend time with Me".
But, Lord, what about this and this and this?
"Come to Me."
So I sat down and opened His word.
I have to be honest. It wasn't easy to sit there. It wasn't easy to focus my mind on what I was reading.
So I sat there and prayed.
"God, help me block out my to do list and refocus to make this the most important thing right now."
As I read, the words seeped into me. I found myself, once again like many times before, in love with what I was reading. Soaking it in. Finding refreshment, encouragement, strength and peace.
I found just what I needed.
Long after I closed the Bible the words filled my heart with His love.
As I went about the day, it carried me. It helped me. It changed my perspective on the craziness.
And all of this I would have missed had I not heeded the tug on my heart to come to Him.
So many times we get "too busy". We get distracted and so much can get in our way.
Today I was again reminded that the time we spend with God is the most important activity we do in our day.
It makes the other tasks lighter. It gives strength to do what we need to do and to handle what comes our way. It stays in our hearts as a helper, a guide, a comfort, and a joy.
And it makes the crazy so much easier to take.















1 comment:
Awesome!! I couldn't agree with you more. I've had several days like that myself....and when I go finally sit and listen it's normally just what I need, and I ask myself why it took me so long to get quiet and sit down! I really need to refocus sometimes!
Post a Comment