You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Friday, September 27, 2013

Missing Daddy

The hubby came home today.
He's been gone for 3 days so we were sure glad to have him home.
I don't think Lydia has moved too far from his side since he walked in the door.

Things are always so different when Daddy's not home.
The house is quieter. (Not that he's that loud or anything, we just seem more subdued I guess.)
The routine seems off. (So used to him here that I have to get things reworked into order. I'm way too routine oriented sometimes.)
Nights are longer. ( Daddy makes evenings fun. Tickle time, story time, devotions together as a family.)

When he's away we walk around missing the other person who is supposed to be here.
I have even been known to get downright sappy about it.
We miss his voice, the sight of his face, the sound of his footsteps.
His hugs, his very presence.

But he's home now.
And we are happy.

But I would be remiss to not add this-
Whenever Vincent is away, God is always so faithful to us here. He takes really good care of us.
He keeps us safe. He keeps us strong. He keeps us in His mighty, protective and loving hand.
And He never leaves us.
I do believe that when Daddies travel, Jesus comes extra close to the mommies and children at home. And I am forever thankful.
I look back and see so many times, so many situations, so many details that have Gods handprints all over them when Vincent is gone and I am continually amazed. It's one more way God shows Himself and His care to those who know Him.
And it's one more reason I know that I can always trust Him. He's shown Himself abundantly trustworthy. Over and over again.
Praise the Lord.


Goodnight all!

No comments: