You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Friday, May 14, 2010

Practicing Creativity or Gettin' Crazy With The Purple Paint

Because I don't want to spend a lot of $ on Bug's nursery but still want it to be a cute cozy place for her I have decided to stretch my artist creativity. I went online and got some ideas and then went thrift store shopping. Got me some paint and went purple crazy.
Even though she's 5 months old her room is still a work in progress. I'm the kind of person who stretches out decorating over a long period of time until I'm satisfied. It takes so long mostly because I refuse to buy things full price so the hunting to find the things in my head at cheap prices takes some time. Maybe by the time she's 15 I'll have her nursery just the way I want it. As for the rest of the house, that'll probably never get completely finished. But that's part of the fun and also totally off the subject of this post. So, back to my fledgling art skills.
Without further ado....


Purple Piggy
This little piggy [bank] was once a white and orange pig that looked like something the 70's threw up. I got it for 75 cents at a thrift store. The paint I got for $2 bucks and there you have it. A cute little piggy for Lydia to one day save her hard earned $$ in.

Wall Art

I wanted something on the wall besides just pictures so one day at Crafts 2000 I saw these wood cutouts for 50 cents a piece. I already had crafters paint so all I needed was the cutouts. I thought they would be perfect for the space and they are.
It took me awhile to get them all painted but I was pretty pleased with how they turned out.

Pictures


I needed two small pictures for the shelves in her room so I priced them. Small pictures are expensive.
I found a picture like the "sweet" one in a store for $20 and I thought, "I could make that". So I went to Goodwill and got a picture with a decent wood frame. It cost me $1. I found another nice looking wood frame for 50 cents which I used for the "precious little one" picture. I used my purple paint to paint the frames and the rest is just card stock and stickers.

All in all my decor cost me very little and I had fun doing it. I actually enjoy it more knowing I did it. And since I didn't spend that much $ I can afford to do more decorating and develop more of my artisitc side.

1 comment:

Julie Garst said...

Bravo! You did a wonderful job being creative and inspired me to continue to keep it simple. (you're using one of my favorite colors too)