Today was a much better day.Praise God for that!
Lydia was her smiley self again and I got lots done. I even went for a walk with Lydia and made a cake for V to take to his men's group tonight. From scratch.
I feel so accomplished.
But the best thing about today was the weather. It was GORGEOUS!
I wanted to just soak it all up.
So I opened all our windows and doors and let the sunlight and fresh breezes begin to clean away all the musty air that we've been breathing all winter. Oh. my.
It felt good.
I walked through the house with a smile on my face, a song on my lips and a slight bounce to my step as every room I went in smelled of fresh spring air and looked so much brighter with the warming of the sun. The birds filled our home with their sweet song and the curtains danced in the breeze. Ah, spring!
I feel that not only did our house get fresh air, but so did my heart.
This was a LONG winter.
Ya'll it was very long.
And I was tired to no end of being cooped up in this house with the windows and doors shut. So today was like a celebration of freedom and a refreshing of my soul.
That may seem a little much to some of you, that all of that could happen just by opening a window, but like I said, it's been a looooong winter. I'm glad there's always an end to winters.
I'm glad there's always a Spring.














No comments:
Post a Comment