You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Thursday, April 29, 2010

At The End Of The Day

It's 10pm.
Lydiebug is all tucked in for the night, all is quiet.
Vince is gone on a trip so I'm alone. Trying not to hate that but after him being home for 2 months I'm still getting used to nights alone again. I miss him. Nights are still hard.
I should try to sleep.
I'm not ready to go to sleep but I know come morning I will wish that I would have.
But since I can't sleep yet I'm in bed with my head propped up with a bunch of pillows and I'm all curled around my favorite blankets.
I've got my laptop, my notepad and a book. What more could a girl need for a moment by herself before she goes to sleep. Well, coffee would be nice but I do want to sleep at some point so I'll scratch that.
So just because I'm having a random day I'm going to share some random things that I am currently addicted to...in totally random order.


THINGS I LOVE
(subject to change at my whim)

Lotion-
Bath and Body Works Ultimate Silk Velvet Tuberose Lotion....purrrrrr

Bubble Bath-
Mr. Bubble
"I don't want to grow up"

Candy-
Plain M&M
Always only M&M's. Perfect little chocolate bites of yummy goodness.

Hot Drink-
Hot Chocolate (not the yucky mixes but homemade like my momma used to make)
This is not to rival coffee because we know you can't beat drinks like Vienna lattes and such but we are just talking current addictions so that's what I'm drinking at my house right now.

Cooking Gadget-
Silpat
Found here
My MIL gave me one, along with some muffin pans and I am in love with them! I use them on lots of stuff. I highly recommend them.

Pillow-
My memory foam contour pillow.
I got it at Kohls and it has been a life saver, or at least a neck saver. I used to get really nasty headaches but since I got the pillow I hardly ever get them. And it is very comfy. I sleep so much better.

Blanket-
When I lived at home I had this comforter forever. It was old and dingy. When I moved on my own I bought a new one but kept that one.
Now I use the old comforter as a blanket. It's perfect on a chilly evening to curl up with it and some hot cocoa and a book and just chill in my favorite chair.
I did that a lot when I was pregnant.
The blanket is still dingy and frankly, looks rather gross but it really is clean and oh so wrap-upable.

Socks-
Right after I had Lydia our Pastor's wife, Laura, gave me a baby gift and in with the gift she gave me a pair of socks. I don't know if she was aware of this but she could not of gotten me a better gift.
On those long MI winter evenings or the cold mornings I need something to patter around in and these are perfect! They are also very cool looking. They kinda snuggle your feet and make your toes wiggle in glee.

Dental Product-
Okay, maybe it's weird that I have a favorite dental product, let alone an addiction to one but I do.
Last time I went to the dentist they gave me a sample of G.U.M soft picks and my mouth said "ahhh".
Seriously these things are great. I will sit around reading or playing on the computer and use these. They feel so good and help keep your smile all pretty like. Can't beat that!

Baby Bug
*Her smile- It just turns me to goo and makes me all squishy inside. No matter when, no matter where, no matter my mood or what's going on. When she smiles, life is just good.
*Holding her- I could spend all day holding that girl. And when she reaches out to touch me with that cute little chubby hand, mommy mush. That's all I am.

Food Addictions of the Moment-
*PB and honey sandwhiches
*Dried Apples- And I don't like fresh apples unless I personally pick them off the tree.
*Cottage Cheese
*Blueberries- frozen from when we picked the 30 lbs of them last summer (I'm on my last bag. bummer.)
*Popcorn- and not the microwave kind, I want the real stuff
*Grilled hamburgers- When I was pregnant I craved CRAVED them. And I didn't want a resturant or fast food (shivers) one, I wanted a homemade, on the grill, hamburger. I still think that's my favorite supper menu food right now.
*Red Bell Peppers
*Grapefruit
*Avacado
*Fresh Italian Bread dipped in Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar (I just drooled)

Overall Biggest Addiction-
My husband :)
And that one won't change!

No comments: