I like dogs. Really I do.But there's one dog...
I'm slowly developing a strong dislike to a certain neighbor dog.
This dog, let's just call him Wheezy, likes to bark...constantly. Especially right around 10pm. Every night. Nice.
What's worse is that this particular dog sounds like it has a terrible case of emphysema. It's the most grating bark EVER.
I hope he's cute (never seen him) because there has to be some redeeming quality to this mutt or that is one useless piece of dog fur.
He's the one black spot on what should be a pleasant experience of opening the windows at night to sleep with the gentle breezes blowing and the soft sounds of nature singing their lullaby.
It should be quite relaxing. And it is...until.
Until Mr. Wheezy comes out for his nightly concert that seriously makes my ears hurt and my toes curl.
I should feel sorry for any poor creature that sounds like that but I don't because I think he knows what he sounds like and is happy about it, carrying on all the while imagining what he is doing to all the people around him trying to sleep. Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's proud of himself because he sounds proud. And the prouder he gets, the louder he gets. He's showing off. And before he finally decides to call it a night and curl up in a ball somewhere to fall asleep laughing at the noise he's made, I'm laying there thinking of all the ways he could "accidentally" go away.
And as I think, I smile as I pull the pillow over my ears and try to uncoil my toes before drifting off to sleep dreaming of a day where there shall be no more Wheezy kind. At least in my neighborhood.














No comments:
Post a Comment