You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Sunday, November 25, 2012

That Just About Sums It Up



Okay- I admit it. I don't get Black Friday.
I am all for a good deal. You know this about me.
But to stand in line in the cold. For hours. Maybe it's snowing or raining.
And there are more than likely people around you who will be nice to your face in line but if you want what they are after once you reach the store, they are not below taking it by force. Shoving and grabbing and nasty snarls become the norm for ADULTS! (shake head and tsk)
Doesn't that sound like every one's idea of a good time?????
Oh and then there's the fact that all this takes place IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!!!!
Seriously? Who thinks this is fun?????????????????????????????????????????????
I will pay extra money NOT to do this. I'll gladly fork over the extra $20 I would have saved if I would have endured that horrendous insanity- and I'll fork it over with a smile on my face.

My Black Friday tradition-
Stay in bed, wrapped up all warm and toasty and laugh at the people getting up just to stand out in the cold for a way long time so they can spend money. Probably buying things they don't need with money they don't have.

Ahh, the greed of the American people.
Greed makes you do nasty things, people!

But, I have to be honest. I did do some Black Friday shopping and I got some great deals- including A NEW LAPTOP (thank you, Babe!)
But I did this-
during the day
in the comfort of my home
in my pjs (yes, my pjs in the middle of the day)
sipping coffee
no shoving or grabbing or snarling involved.

Now THAT is how to work Black Friday, ya'll.

Why in the WORLD would you go out and torture yourself when the wonderful people of the world wide web will gladly take your money online?
This I just don't understand.



Although funny, the picture above really does sum up the American mentality doesn't it?
And then, in case you miss Black Friday we now have Cyber Monday.
Greed- it keeps going and going. Growing and growing.

This is what the Holidays have become about.
Makes me sad. And sick. And sorry.






No comments: