The focus verse was Hebrews 13:5
Let your conduct be without covetousness, be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you.For some reason it stuck out to me and for my personal devotion time I spent time studying that verse.
I particularly appreciated this thought-
He has promised that He will never withdrawal His presence (I will never leave you) or his help (nor forsake you).
If we have the promise of God's presence and His help, what more on earth could we desire?
Only fleeting things that will never satisfy? Nay!
A heart that loves and trusts in God, desires only Him and what He sees fit to provide- content and abundantly satisfied in that alone. That soul finds joy and peace only in Him.
The things of this world become as pitiful trifles indeed.
They live their life, in all their conduct, in all their dealings, with such eternal focus. Not counting on or aspiring to temporary pleasures, seeing them as rubbish in light of a far better thing.














No comments:
Post a Comment