Snow, Snow go away, Come again.....next winter.
Alright Ya'll. I've done well this year haven't I? I haven't complained too much about the cold (the oh so bitter cold), the snow, the time stuck inside, the coats, the hats, the gloves, the wind, the ice, the sleet, the gray days....(shall I go on?)
But it's APRIL!!!!!!! And I'm done being nice. I'm done with winter. I'm done holding in the ever strengthing urge to let loose a scream of ENOUGH ALREADY. Frankly I'm just done, done, done, DONE!
The calendar says Spring. The flowers poking out of the ground say spring. The birds flying all over the place tweet spring. But Michigan forgot.
Tonight while we lay shivering under our blankets we are supposed to get up to 5 inches of snow and sleet.
WWWWWHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
I'm sorry. I know that's not very adult of me. But I just can't take it no more.
I'm so tired of cold and snow. I really am about ready to cry over it. All joking aside.
I thought last time might be it. I thought when the flowers started peeping up that was surely it. But NOOOOO!!!!!!!
More cold, more bundling up, more cold wind hitting me in the face with it's icy blast.
I'm moving to the desert.
To help me "think Spring" I'm borrowing a Spring questionaire from another blog. Maybe it'll help warm me up and help me to remember no matter how long (how very very long) winter may be, spring will come. I hope.
SPRING
1. What does Spring mean to you?
The world coming to life again and showing off God's handiwork in a glorious display. And very importantly....warmth!!!!!!
2. What do you like most about spring?
the absence of cold and the wonderous moment I can banish coats and all bulky clothing from my sight.
Sun, Rain, thunderstorms, flowers, green grass.
Standing outside just soaking up the sun= pure bliss.
3. What are the best ways Spring fills up your senses?
See- leaves on trees, what a wonderful sight after so many months of looking at pointy, gnarly, dead loooking branches.
Hear- Birds waking me up in the morning
Taste- The beginning of fruit season
Smell- The smell of rain
Feel- The soft green grass on my bare feet
4. What Spring activities do you enjoy?
Anything that gets me outside. Going on a walk, picnics, going the park.
5. What flowers are you planting?
Lilies, lots of lilies. And tomato plants (okay, not a flower but that's what I'll be planting).
6. Spring cleaning? No. I'll be outside. I'm not staying in the house to clean! Are you crazy?
7. Shoes, sandles or bare feet?
All of the above. Love cute sandles! But nothing beats bare feet in the grass.
8. How do you celebrate the coming of Spring?
A great big happy dance. I'm all practiced up. Waiting.
9. Today is a Spring day. Describe it.
Okay just rub it in. It's cold, it's nasty, it's gray, it's fixin to snow. (I need a hug!)
10. Share a picture that says Spring to you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















No comments:
Post a Comment