We are all moved in and the work of emptying the boxes and putting the contents of them into an organized, functional and homey order has begun. There is no place I can look where there is not a box and to be honest, it's a little daunting. I get tired just looking at them so sometimes I lay down and take a nap. They're still there when I get up.
If ever I wish I could just wiggle my nose and everything would pop into place it's now. I love decorating and I have a whole house waiting for me but here's the problem(s).
1. My body has recently been sucked of energy by this growing bump and after a matter of hours I'm ready to call it quits. (This is so frustrating as I feel I'm not getting enough done.)
2. I seem to have lost all creative ability at the wrong time. I blame the overwhelming mountain of boxes that has me a little, well, overwhelmed. It has squelched my creativity.
3. I don't know where to start!
So having spent a few days weaving my way around boxes going in circles, seemingly chasing my tail but accomplishing little else, I have learned and pondered on a few things that have helped me out and even put a spring in my step.
1. One box at a time does accomplish something even if it doesn't seem like it.
2. I have time and no one is putting time constraints on me, except me.
3. As it all slowly comes together I am totally loving our new home.
4. The boxes will go away and in a shorter time than I think it will be all done. I just try focus on the end result.
5. I have a tremendous amount of stuff-just stuff- and this is a great opportunity to purge. And don't get me started on clothes. I even apologized to Vince for the amount of clothing I own. It actually made me a little appalled.
6. I have THE MOST wonderful husband. He has worked tirelessly and without complaint to make my work load easier when I get so tired all I can do is slump on the couch and drool. I cannot say enough about all he has done and it almost makes me cry to think of all his efforts and the tender care he has shown for me, our baby girl and our new home.
Seriously ya'll, he has humbled me by his love, hard work and selflessness. Every day I lift up a grateful heart to the One who saw fit to bring us together. I DO NOT deserve such a wonderful man.
7. We have awesome friends who have shown us great love and kindness and who have given of themselves in so many ways I am in awe. They have taught me so much about what it means to love and serve each other in Christ. They make us feel so loved.
8. At the end of each day I don't have to think of what's left to be done but I can focus on what has been done and be thankful for the energy I had to finish the tasks now behind me. Doing that, I can relax and enjoy the evenings. My new favorite thing to do is to sit down on the couch in our very own home curled up next to my hubby and together watch my tummy as baby girl stretches and kicks around. Knowing we are preparing a home not just for us but for her as well is just to amazing for words.
9. I do not deserve any of what I have been given. I sit here humbled with a heart that doesn't quite know how to say "thank you" enough to those around me and especially to my heavenly Father who has poured out rich blessings on my life, undeserving as I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment