You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Just Around The Corner

Photobucket

I went to Walmart today and all their Fall/Halloween decor was out. So I guess it's official, Fall is truly in the air.
Already the farms around here are selling pumpkins fresh from the garden, corn mazes seem to be popping up everywhere, we've gone apple picking, the geese have began their trek south and the stores seem to be selling sweatshirts and coats instead of t-shirts and shorts.
For some reason this surprises me. I blinked and somehow missed summer. Now, according to Walmart, it's time to prepare for fall and all that means.
In spite of the slight shock I feel at it being that time of year again I am really quite excited about it. I love fall.
I love the slight crispness in the air, watching the leaves transform into vibrant shades of color, baking all those fall goodies, sipping apple cider in the cool of the evening or sharing a cup of hot cocoa with a friend, bundling up to go on walks and seeing the wind shake the leaves free of their branches and hearing them crunch underfoot as you walk past, cuddling with your man next to a fire. Ah, the list goes on and on.
Soon fall will be in full swing and I'll be pulling out my sweaters and coats, dusting off my fall decorations and finding all my favorite fall recipes.
There's a lot to look forward to this time of year. So although it kinda snuck up on me, I'm really glad that fall is just around the corner.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I love that fall is so close. But you know if I start putting up decorations now, I will have to look at them for two months! I'm just not ready for that. I really like fall and winter, but it's a bummer I can only enjoy the winter decorations for less than a month! Ahhh, where is the logic in this??