You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Goodbye Old Friend

Today my mom and John are packing up the last remaining items and turning over the key to the house they have lived in for 15 years.
It's kind of a sad moment for me because this is the house that I basically grew up in and every inch of that place holds so many memories, good and bad, happy and sad.
It's a strange thing to think that will no longer be the place I go "home" to when I go to see family. I will no longer pull up in that driveway, open that door, and be welcomed in and embraced by those walls. I won't be able to look out those windows to see the street outside, or listen to the sounds that were always familiar and so comforting.
I could write a long list of things I remember, places in that house that were special to me or that remind me of special moments, events that took place, or even the places around the house, outside, that hold a special spot in my heart.
I can say these things not only of the house itself but also of the town. Since they will be moving to another town, another state, I will be saying goodbye to Neodesha as well.
I'm honeslty surprised that I am so sad about all this but today it has really struck me. But although that home will no longer be a place to call home I can still have the memories wrapped up in that home. And that's enough.
So goodbye old home, goodbye Neodesha.
And I can't help but say thank you to some very dear friends that helped make some very cool memories in the home and throughout Neodesha. Wow did we have some good times there! I will hold them in my heart always.

No comments: