There is a picture in my mind of a little boy holding a toy airplane high in the air and flying it all around. This picture is a comfort to me when Vince is away because I sorta picture God doing the same thing. When I pray, I like to think of God holding Vince's plane in His hand, like a boy would his toy, guiding it safely from take off to landing.
I got this picture in my head right after we were married and my grandmother was praying with me. She asked God to hold Vince and his plane securely until he was safely on the ground and back home.
What a comfort that thought is!
Vince has relayed a few sticky situations that as a wife, are kinda scary to me and I'm sure there will be many more. But with God having a secure hold on things, what do I have to fear?
I've also been broadening that thought to encompass not only Vince but myself as well. When I'm out and about doing this or that, I like to think that God is holding on to the top of my car and guiding it safely from place to place.
It's just a way of looking at things but God really does have us in His hands, whether up in the air or on the ground. There is nowhere His hands do not cover us and nowhere He will not be able to take care of us. He will always guide us home.
I'm so glad I know this and can be firmly assured that God's not going to let us go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














2 comments:
Thanks for the great mental picture! I love that. You are right, it's so encouraging to know that God has everything under control and He is watching over us.
Love ya!
Thanks for leaving a comment on facebook. I'm glad to be in touch with you again. I do remember you :) Thanks for letting me know about your blog. I'm struggling a lot right now, but God has really helped today. I have terrible panic attacks and when they hit, I can't do anything. I called my aunt to put me on the prayer line and I have felt God's touch. I love your illustration. Wonderful!
Post a Comment