We are in Kansas right now helping my mother stay off her feet while she heals from a hurt foot.
Vince has some time off work so we've been here since the 8th. The plan is to return home the 17th. It has been a blessing to be here so long and I've enjoyed it so much! I am so glad that Vince has been here with me. Now that's having everything. A trip to Kansas and my husband there to share it with me.
It's so funny that when I was growing up I couldn't wait to get out of this place and now when I come back it feels like coming home in a way. Things are so simple and laid back here. There is nothing like walking out in the country as the sun is starting to set. This is also a perfect time of year for that. Things are so green and pretty, the birds, bugs and frogs are out singing in full concert mode and when you're out walking the gravel roads you really feel like you are in the middle of nowhere. It's so peaceful and quiet with only the sounds of nature to listen to.
I was telling Vince that it is those moments I feel so close to God. I also feel a sense of the familiar wrap around me as I remember the Kansas girl I was. I guess it's true, you can take the girl out of Kansas but you can't take the Kansas out of the girl. There was a time I would have bulked at that but now I am downright proud of my small town, midwest heritage.
I have lots of pics of our time here but I won't be able to post them until we get home.
We have had lots of fun and there have been several highlights. I will tell you all about it later but right now, I'm going out in the beautiful Kansas sunshine to enjoy more of this pretty country with my hubby.














No comments:
Post a Comment