Ok, I know I wasn't very faithful about writing in January so I'll try to be better this month.
The last few weeks have been pretty busy so I didn't have much time to post, plus the fact I was pretty sure a list of our daily taks wouldn't make for a very interesting blog entry.
We spent a lot of time last month involved in church activites. We were at several homes as well as at the church participating in church events. We have also recently started weekly visitations.
The newest ministry involvment for us is going every 6 weeks to a resuce mission in downtown Detroit and helping in a service there. Vince and I are mostly involved in the singing but Vince was also helping with the prayer service.
Most of you who know me well know that the last two projects are a tad bit out of my comfort zone but I don't think God wants us to stay where we are comfortable all the time. I believe He wants us to be willing to stretch ourselves beyond what we know to experience what He can do though us. I'm enjoying this new opportunity to share God's word with others. My prayer of late has been, "Let my life's work be about Your work."
Everyone around here has been sick but so far, praise God, we have dodged it. It seems to be sticking around awhile and our church services are lacking people. This cold air sure doesn't help.
It's been nasty cold lately but we are hanging in there. It has also snowed a lot. There's not a lot of accumulation, it just snows every other day. We do have snow on the ground now (maybe 4 inches) but I'm learning not to even blink at that. The roads are good so that's all that matters. I can just enjoy the snow and not worry about bad roads.
Well, I guess I should go. I have to get out and play in the snow for awhile. Sure would be a nice day to stay inside and watch the snow fall, maybe drink some hot tea and read a book, but alas that won't be happening today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment