You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Friday, February 29, 2008

Kansas Girl At Heart

I've spent the last few days in Kansas/Oklahoma. I got here the 22nd and will be flying home tomorrow. It's been a nice trip but I think I'm ready to go home. Vince has been working almost the whole time and we'll get to the Detroit airport tomorrow about the same time. Then we get two days together before he does a four day trip. I bet he's as ready to be home as I am, probably more.
The second night I was here I was able to see Vince and spend the night with him in Tulsa during his long layover there. We drove to Bartlesville the next day so he could spend a few hours with everyone before I took him back to Tulsa so he could fly away.
The weather here has been amazing. In the 50's and 60's. To think I'll be going home to 20 degrees and snow kinda makes me whimper but when I get in my nice cozy home again I'll be fine.
I've spent most of my days here going between Kansas and Oklahoma. I've done a lot of driving. That's okay though because seeing my family's beautiful faces makes it worth it.
While I was here my grandma and mom taught me how to crochet. I should have learned how to do that a long time ago but before now, never had a desire to learn. Some of the church ladies do it and I thought, "Hey, I could do that!", so I gave in to peer pressure and asked grandma and mom to teach me. It's going well and I'm enjoying it. I'm working on my first patterned piece now. It's a heart hanging thingy. I'll post a pick once it's completed.
Well, it's getting late and we have to leave early in the morning to get me to Tulsa. We are leaving a tad earlier so I can give my grandparents a hug and then do some shopping. Then it's off, off and away!

No comments: