You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Just Don't Breathe

 
There is a soft green haze floating in the air at my house.
It's emanating from my mouth.
Apparently, according to local sources, this particular haze
is strong and hasn't been decreased by repeated attempts to
eradicate it by the normal methods of teeth brushing.
 
 
I have been eating onions a lot.
A lot A lot.
 
I can't seem to get enough of their yummy goodness.
 
I have decided they are the perfect food.
Low calorie.
Lots of health benefits.
And they taste great!
 
My preferred method is
Dice
Coat in olive oil
Give a generous dusting of garlic powder and onion powder
(to add to the breath stench)
Sprinkle with salt
and bake until soft, brown and oh so sweet and yummy.
 
I can literally make a meal out of it.
And I have been. Apparently, too much, too often.
 
 
All was going fine and dandy
and I was happy living in onion land.
But then....
 
One morning my sweet, kind, loving and full of tact husband and I were sitting on the couch talking.
I got too close.
He gasped, cringed, turned away from me and said,
"You stink!"
Oh, Honey, keep whispering sweet words of love in my ear. :)
 
That very same day, my dear, sweet, equally full of tact daughter came running up to me,
stopped and promptly turned away.
She said, "Mommy, you stink!"
 
You can shake off one person,
but hard to ignore two.
I guess my breath was getting a little.....potent, shall we say?
 
So, even though they haven't actually asked me to give up onions
(aren't they nice?)
I am going on an onion break. And I miss them!
Oh I miss them, ya'll!
Tonight I almost broke down and made some.
 
But I miss my daughters hugs and kisses and cuddles,
none of which she will let me share with her when I have onion breath.
She won't even willingly sit by me!
And having a husband who starts holding his breath when I come near him or try to get a kiss....
Not that romantic.
I mean, I like that I can still take his breath away, but I don't think stealing one's breath via onions
has the same romantic thrill.
 
But it has not been without its romantic moments.
My dear sweet man, in spite of the fact that he doesn't like the side effects of the onion addiction, has been very supportive because of the health benefits and such.
He even BOUGHT me onions.
Two nice big, juicy, purple onions full of potent goodness.
 
Who would have thought that romantic gifts would come in the form of an onion?
But seriously, when he lovingly handed them to me after his shopping trip with a handsome, full of love smile on his face, I almost had tears in my eyes (and not from the onions.)
A more sweet gesture would be hard to find.
He loves me enough to buy me onions.
 
 
I love that man.
And I love my onions!
 
 
 
 
Tomorrow's Menu-
Onions with a side of mouth wash. :)
 

No comments: