You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Just One More, Mommy

Time for bed.
Lydia doesn't want to go to sleep.
She wants to stall. She's getting very good at it.
Tricky too.
She's found my soft spot. Smart little thing.

Lydia, from her crib: (smacks lips) that's her language for kiss. She stands up and puckers up expectantly.
Always done just as I put my hand on the door knob to leave.

Mommy: Okay, Baby girl. One more kiss.
     Notice the big smile on Baby girls face.
Mommy gives big smacking kisses.
Okay, time for bed. Sleep tight, Mommy loves you.

Lydia: Bye Bye

Mommy gets to the door

Lydia: (smacks lips)

Repeat scenario a few more times. More hugs. More lovin'. More stallin'.

Finally, I slip out the door to the sound of more smacks.
She flops down, sucks her thumb and out she goes.

Knowing she is loved and safe.

I love being that little girls mommy!

No comments: