You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Embarrassing Moment # 1,930,021

It was a nice evening tonight. We were outside most of the evening, so enjoying the cool air and gentle breeze.
Our neighbor and her little boy stopped by to chat. The kids enjoyed running around playing. Ah, how sweet they were.
When the mosquitoes started using the kids as a buffet table we decided it was time to call it an evening and go inside.
Just when I was bending down to tell the sweet little curly haired boy goodnight I hear this loud RRRRIIIPPPPP.
I gasped in horror and thought to myself, "It just can't be!". Yeah, it was.
My jeans, cheap dollar store jeans, ripped completely up and down the backside.
Yeppers. Sure did.
Right there in the driveway for the neighbor lady and the whole neighborhood for that matter, to see. To see more than I ever care for them to see actually.
Tell me, friends, how does one respond to this?
Thankfully, my sweet neighbor friend had the decency not to laugh...too hard.
I actually think I laughed harder because in spite of the fact it was my backside waving in the cool gentle breeze, it was stinkin' funny. Besides it was either that or shriek.
Too bad I can never show my face to her again. I liked her.
Moral of the story: Cheap jeans aren't worth it. I paid $5 for them brand new. Should have been my first clue, ya think?  And just in case you were wondering, and you know you were...they weren't too tight. Actually they fit me really well. They were comfy even. They were just thin and cheap.
Sadly though, they were one of my favorite pair because they were thin. I liked that. Not any more.
I'm a thick denim girl from here on out. Fool me once and all that.

Have a good laugh!

Nothing left for the imagination there! It was all laid bare.
As you can see, LITERALLY from top to bottom!

No comments: