There are a few things on my list but I just sorta file them away in the “not happening right now” part of my brain and I’m okay with that. Reality trumps want.
Two of the things I have often wanted are a patio set for our deck and a nice grill so we could indulge in steak, grilled chicken and the like. Since we have a nice deck I wanted to utilize it because I love being outside, eating outside and so forth.
However, there is always something that is more important so these items always get put on the “someday” list.
But sometimes God surprises us and sends blessing down to us just because.
Suddenly we get things we thought we wouldn’t and they are all the more special because you know good and well it was only an extra blessing and if not for that you wouldn’t have it.
Guess what? That just happened to us! I don’t know whether to jump up and down in excitement or hit my knees in praise. I think I may do both.
When my parents came up to visit this past week they brought us a grill that John had gotten really cheap at Lowe’s. It is our Christmas present. Sweet!
We’ve already used it several times. I drool just thinking about the wonderful steak we ate last night.
I was thinking that was pretty cool in and of itself -but God wasn’t done!
For the icing on the cake He plopped down an almost brand new, spotless clean patio set for so cheap it’s crazy! It’s the perfect size, perfect color and I am perfectly in awe of it.
I see it as a personal gift from above. Really I do. I didn’t expect it and it just showed up.
God really does give abundantly more, People. He really really does.
See? Isn’t it just perfect?
(Click picture to enlarge)
The patio set actually has an umbrella and stand with it (yeah, I know!!!) but we decided not to put it up this late in the season and will wait to put it out next spring.We got the set today and we just had to use it this evening, even though we almost froze our nose to do so. We ate fast.
It all makes me want to squeal! I am having a little trouble processing that it’s actually happened. So out of the blue and all, but it’s real and I love it!














No comments:
Post a Comment