You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Monday, September 13, 2010

Along Came A Spider...

...and crawled down beside her...
...and promptly got itself smashed.

All day I have been dreaming of 9pm.
Because 9pm is bedtime for Bugaboo and bath time for me.
I really wanted a nice long hot soak tonight. I needed it. I was longing for it.
So as soon as my darling sleeping beauty was off to dreamland I was off to spend a little time with Mr. Bubbles.
However, in all my anticipation, a spider did not figure in.

I had just sunk myself into the wonderfully hot bubbly water when right by my elbow was Charlotte herself. I did not say hi.
I quickly weighed my options.

a. let her crawl around the tub and hope she didn't fall in the water
b. scream and hope Vince heard and would come and save the day
c. jump out of the water and just forget the bath
d. calmly reach over and grab the closest item that would be sufficient to kill. (Vince's dirty sock)

Now you might think that I would have gone for b or c. And I did think about those options. But I finally settled for the more grown up option and remained calm. Totally unlike me when it comes to spiders. See how I've matured?

Let's just not mention what happened on the last spider encounter. (Answer? B) He's my spider killing hero.

No comments: