I opened my eyes and smiled.
The day greeted me in my very favorite way.
The soft patter of rain (not snow!) was dancing across the roof and tapping on the window. The sky was gray and clouds hung low. In the distance the rumbling of thunder and in the tree outside our window birds were singing a song that said to me, " Spring is almost here."
I just laid there.
My family was still sleeping soundly and I took the time to enjoy the moment.
I thought about how wonderful quiet sounds are. The sounds we take for granted that really tell us how blessed we are.
The soft breathing of the man I love as he sleeps a few more minutes beside me before he gets up once again to shoulder the load of the world.
The total silence coming from Lydia's room that means she is still deep in dreamland.
The sound of the heater as it comes on, giving us warmth.
And even the sound of the rain on the roof should be a sign of gratefulness because it means I have a roof. So many don't.
I pray that you all have moments like this today. Unplanned moments that cause you to stop and count your blessings. That leave you with peace and a smile on your face.
6 hours later.
I'm glad I had that moment because since then I have hit the ground running. There is much to do and time keeps ticking. My to-do list is getting more added to it than subtracted. I am sitting here taking a breather waiting for Lydiebug to wake up from her nap. Then off and running again.
But I shall remember this mornings peace. I love how God gives us those special moments. It's as if He is taking a random moment, surprising us out of our daily routine and giving us a special smile for no other reason than for Him to say, "Just a reminder that I love you today!"
5 more hours later.
Sigh. Busy day with no visible proof of my efforts. So goes life I guess.
I'm feeling the time constraints and getting a tad grumpy. The peaceful, easy feeling is gone.
Trying hard to recall it. So glad I had that moment, cause as the day progressed it's gotten rough. Glad it's bed time! Lydia is in bed for the night and I soon will be. Just a few more things to do. Sigh again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment