You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Friday, March 6, 2009

A Taste of What's Ahead

It's March.
With March comes Spring. (Pause for squeals of joy.)
I am so ready for Spring.
Too many gloomy days.
Too many winter skies.
Too much time in a bulky coat.
Too much cold biting into the flesh.
Yes, I'm glad Spring is near.

Today was beautiful. Almost perfect.
It was 65.
I laugh at this because before I moved to Michigan 65 would have been down right chilly if not cold.
I guess I've acclimated more than I thought because today felt just right.
When I walked outside I just stood there for a moment and soaked up the warmth.
Oh my! It felt so. good.
I wanted to put on Capris and a t-shirt, grab some sandals and run with it. Sanity told me it's still not quite time for that but the part of me that is so tired of bulky clothes and Jack Frost's merciless bite on my nose didn't care too much about what sanity had to say.
Sanity won out-mostly- but I LEFT MY COAT AT HOME!
Who would have thought the absence of a coat would inspire such a feeling of freedom.
I was giddy with it.
Again I must say, It. felt. so. good.

I'm assuming this is just a small taste of spring and that winter isn't quite through with us yet but I'm excited that we are getting small doses of what's to come. It's like spring is whispering to us saying, "I'm coming. It won't be long. Hold on. You can make it."

No comments: