The thoughts they are a swirlin' as I sit down to write a post about our recent trip to the beautiful pacific northwest to see V's family. V was on vacation for awhile so we flew out to spend time with them and celebrate the Christmas season with them. We got back last week.
How in the world can I put into a few short sentences (or paragraphs) all that we did, all that I thought or convey to you how very much we enjoyed our stay? It's impossible so I won't even try.
There was so much going on during our trip that I'm not even sure I could remember every moment or event. It was a jumble of activity so I'll only hit the high notes.
Right after we got there we were able to see V's brother Adrian gradute. So, in honor of that...
How in the world can I put into a few short sentences (or paragraphs) all that we did, all that I thought or convey to you how very much we enjoyed our stay? It's impossible so I won't even try.
There was so much going on during our trip that I'm not even sure I could remember every moment or event. It was a jumble of activity so I'll only hit the high notes.
Right after we got there we were able to see V's brother Adrian gradute. So, in honor of that...
CONGRATULATIONS!
The next big event (and the best Christmas gift) was LeAnn and her family driving all the way down to see us. We had a wonderful time.We stayed up late playing Cranium, played a little pool(it's okay, LeAnn, I won't post the pics), helped the kids make a gingerbread house, baked cookies and just gabbed. However, all too quickly the time for them to leave was upon us and we had to say good-bye. I'm just thankful for the time we had.
One night, V, A and Dad got out the music and we had a jam session. My favorite group is Adrian and Vince with Dad on drums. They don't know it, but I'm pretty partial to them and I could listen to them play all day long. Folks, they are pretty good (and funny).
Some of the other events that were scattered throughout our stay-
*a graduation party for A
*the honor of meeting a precious older gentleman that is a friend of the family
*a cookie exchange- (too many sweets, not enough me!)
*trips to Winco and Kohls (but I'm bummed that I didn't get my bubble tea)
and I'm pretty sure there was more in there that I forgot. See? Jumbled thoughts.
But it was a precious time and I treasure every moment.
Here's some random pics-
Vince and Adrian
LeAnn & Me
LeAnn & Chris
LeAnn
Dad & V
Playing PoolMom & Dad
More of the jam session.
There you have it folks, the post of my jumbled thoughts on the summary of our, as always, fabulous trip to Washington.














1 comment:
I love the pics! Will you please e-mail some of them of us to me? Thanks!!!
Post a Comment