It's 1 am. Yes I should be in bed but I can't sleep.
So here I am, catching up on this blog that has been sadly neglected this month.
As I'm sitting here, ice is pelting against my window at a rather alarming rate, snow is falling softly to the ground and the snow plows are hard at work making sure that when we all get up in the morning we will be as safe as possible on the roads.
To this I say, thank you Mr. snow plow people.
I'm pretty sure that our maintenance men and the manager of the apts. are the ones doing this. During the winter, in every storm, they are out salting, shoveling, plowing and generally doing all the work while we stay warm and snug as a bug inside our heated homes.
I know it's their job but I'm impressed. Especially at 1 am. I wonder if they ever get a "thank you". I wonder how many people notice.
There are a lot of hard, thankless jobs out there and this is certainly one of them. Especially considering I know for a fact that they have been at it all day.
I'm thankful for these kinds of people, those who do their job and do it well. Because of them, we have a little more peace of mind. Because they don't quit when they could or when they feel like it, we are safer.
Hmm, there's a lesson for all of us in there somewhere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment