You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What I'm Up To Now

For those of you who are wondering about the lack of real blog content lately it's because the last month, month and a half I have taken on globetrotting as a hobby or so it would seem.
I've kept you fairly informed by sentence long snippets and pictures and unfortunately that will probably be the way of things for most of the summer. I will try to do better but we shall see.
I am in Kansas again helping out my mom. We are getting ready for a garage sale this weekend and let me tell you, we have accumulated a lot of junk over the years and a significant portion of it is mine.
Garage Sales are a lot of work but hopefully we will at least purge the house of a few useless items and things that should have been chucked years ago. I'm sure there is someone in Neodesha just waiting to buy our junk and take it home to be stashed somewhere until they have a garage sale where they will dig it out and think, "where did I get this and why did I feel the need to purchase such an item". Thus is the cycle of stuff.
One really cool thing that has happened since I've been here is that I got to see my dear friend Angie who I haven't seen since her wedding day 2 YEARS AGO! She got hitched and headed to Florida as far away from me as possible. It was so good to see her. We got to go to our old haunt, Kings Coffee Shop in Dearing, KS. We had a wonderful evening of drinking coffee and playing catch-up. I so wish I would have gotten a picture of us but oh well.
Last night Vince, mom and I went to the Independence park and played mini-golf. We had a nice time and the weather wasn't unbearably warm. That might not seem like a huge deal but in Kansas in July, it really is. The cool part about playing mini-golf on that course is that it only costs $1 a person to play and that's a fun, cheap way to spend the evening. And I don't want to brag but ah, I won the game. Oh yeah, I'm good!
Well, that's pretty much the rundown of what's been going on. Hope that was an exhilarating reading experience for you all.

No comments: