I have hunted far and wide (or at least as far as the local walmart and TJ Maxx) for one and here are my findings.
Finding 1- It is impossible to find a modest one piece that doesn’t a. look hideously ugly b. come only in plus sizes c. isn’t $50.00.
All suits in my size that are decent looking and a good price just happen to be two pieces. Does everyone who isn't plus size want a two piece but me? I doubt that. Does everyone think it’s okay to pay over $20 for a scrap of material that you can only wear half the year? (Unless you are in MI and then its only 2 months of the year.) I doubt that too.
Finding 2- Hunting for a swimsuit is a longer process than I intended and one that I’m ready to give up on out of sheer discouragement and respect for our pocketbook.
Finding 3- I'm really picky.
All I’m looking for is a nice, reasonably priced, modest swimsuit. I’m not suggesting we go back to this

But why can’t we have a modern but modest style that the average person can afford and feel comfortable in that still looks stylish and not like you dropped out of a time warp?
So the question is, where do I compromise? Do I chuck modesty, style or price? None of those sound like something I want to compromise but what's a girl to do?
You know what's going to happen though, I'm going to actually find one that I like that fits all the above criteria and then it won't get warm enough to swim all year. Yep, that's what will happen. Now I realize that true Michiganians will swim in weather that would leave me cold, shaking and slightly blue but I just don't see that as a fun time. I need the temp to be at least 90 so I guess I've got awhile to keep up the search cause 90 prolly won't happen here for awhile.














1 comment:
You crack me up! I'm glad that I don't have to look for one this year. Because a. I still have one that happens to fit, looks nice, is modest and even though I bought over six years ago. b. it won't probably be that warm here for eons, so I will probably blink and miss summer and not even have the opportunity to squeeze my cellutite into spandex!
Now honey, I hate to say this, (especially coming from me the cheapskate!)but you are going to have spend more money to be able to get something that is modest and will last. May I suggest Costco or Lands End (catalog-where I found mine)instead of Walmart. Although Target did have some "sort of" cute ones the other day when I was there. Keep me posted. I really think you should post of pic of it when you find that winning "scrap" of material. There is nothing wrong with being modest and picky!! You'll find one just be patient!
Lee
Post a Comment