We had a very special passion week.The first half of the week was spent in practice for the Easter program. Since Easter was so early this year and there were other church happenings we didn't have as much time to practice for the program as usual so the last week or so was pretty much a cram session. How come that always seems to happen?
Thursday evening we had a Passover Meal at the church with all of the Jewish elements. It was a delicious meal and everyone who worked on the meal did a lovely job. We watched a movie while we were eating about what all the parts of the Sader meal meant. It was amazing and very touching.
Friday afternoon was the Good Friday service. I would like to tell you about that but Vince would have to because I was sick. Vince was nice enough to share the cold he had with me. I regretted not being able to go but Vince said it was very nice.
On Easter Morning we had to be at the church early because the ensembles were meeting to do last minute touch-ups. Since I got roped into being a part of all three ensembles I had to be there. (Thanks, Tim!)
We had a Resurrection breakfast before the program. Boy do church people love to eat! There was so much food but all of it very good. We have some really good cooks at our church!
The program went really well and we were so glad to be a part of it. Vince was really happy to play his french horn again in the orchestra. He doesn't get to play nearly enough. Of course he did a great job.
After church, Vince went off to work and I went to a friends house for the afternoon. Her husband had abandoned her for ice-fishing so we curled up on the couch in our comfy clothes and watched chick-flicks and drank coffee. Lovely way to spend the afternoon, I say.
So that's pretty much the recap. It was all very memorable and sweet.
What a blessing to be able to get together with your family in Christ to celebrate the foundation of what binds you together. To pause and reflect on what Christ has done and to rejoice in the freedom we have because of His sacrifice. Thank you, Jesus!














No comments:
Post a Comment