
It was 45 degrees this morning when we got up. In September. While Vince was ecstatic about the first real morning chill, it brought for me a slight sense of foreboding. This is a small glimps into what is to come.
I don't think it should be 45 in September. That doesn't feel right to me. I looked at the temperatures from Kansas and almost cried.
Most of you know I don't do cold. Yeah, I know, 45 to you toughies ain't bad, but to me, it's screaming, "You just wait, I'm gonna be packin' a pretty nasty punch soon, and I wanted to give you a taste of it."
So here I sit, bundled up from head to toe, praying for the "warm" front that is supposed to be coming.
The news people are all smiles, saying what a gorgeous day it is out there. It's 61. Did I mention that it's September!?
Winter here will be a whole new experience for me. I am looking on the bright side however and have decided to accentuate the positive. I know the snow will be very pretty and I have a really good shot at a white Christmas, which I'm not sure I've ever had. So I will enjoy this new adventure, probably looking out my window while I'm curled up on the couch with a hot beverage.
Donations for blankets, heaters, parkas and nose warmers, now being accepted.
I don't think it should be 45 in September. That doesn't feel right to me. I looked at the temperatures from Kansas and almost cried.
Most of you know I don't do cold. Yeah, I know, 45 to you toughies ain't bad, but to me, it's screaming, "You just wait, I'm gonna be packin' a pretty nasty punch soon, and I wanted to give you a taste of it."
So here I sit, bundled up from head to toe, praying for the "warm" front that is supposed to be coming.
The news people are all smiles, saying what a gorgeous day it is out there. It's 61. Did I mention that it's September!?
Winter here will be a whole new experience for me. I am looking on the bright side however and have decided to accentuate the positive. I know the snow will be very pretty and I have a really good shot at a white Christmas, which I'm not sure I've ever had. So I will enjoy this new adventure, probably looking out my window while I'm curled up on the couch with a hot beverage.
Donations for blankets, heaters, parkas and nose warmers, now being accepted.














1 comment:
Okay, cuz, now if God can help a California Chick to adjust to "Washington" I'm sure he can do the same for you in Michigan. I do have to admit, it's cold and rainy here today, and I was actually comtemplating turning on my heater!! (help me it's only Sept!) However I have this mental rule that the heater should not come on until at least October. Will see if I can hold out till then. (hmm, 13 days and counting!)
Post a Comment