We are in Memphis now. It was a very pleasant drive but we were both glad to see the end of our journey. I am already learning that living out of a hotel is an experience. We have a microwave and small refrigerator but that's it.
The weather here is totally different. There are no shivers and shakes here. I told Vince this was what September should feel like. He didn't agree.
I was told that I forgot to post the results of the MRI on my neck so the good news is that everything is fine. There is no nerve damage, no suspicious spots and everything is in the place its supposed to be.
Yesterday I made my first venture into my old haunts. It was fun but honestly, it made me a little homesick. There are so many things I missed. It felt in some ways like coming home. Again, Vince didn't agree. He likes Michigan so much better. I guess with me it's just about being around the familiar. It felt good.
But home is ultimately wherever Vince is and we are both happy. Also, I am learning that it is all very tempory anyway and we aren't in our real home anywhere on earth. We are seeking a place to come, a place far surpassing any earthly location and that is where our home is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment