I had an MRI done on my neck today. I was expecting the same horrible experince that it was last time but something was different this time. I took God with me. I was relaxed and the time went by really quickly. I can only give God the glory for this because those things are NOT fun.
I did a lot of just talking to God and lots of singing. I sang songs like, "I Shall Not Be Moved" and "Be Still My Soul" (to remind myself not to move) and "Everywhere I Go" (to remind me He is always with me, even in tiny tunnels that make lots of noise). When I was being moved out of the tunnel after it was done, I think I even sang a little of "Hallelujah, 'Tis done!".
At one point I was actually fighting laughter during the test because I was trying to find hymns and songs that would fit the situation. How many people can say they were so relaxed during an MRI they had to fight laughing? See what the peace and comfort of the presence of God can do?
Anyway, now it's all about awaiting the results, but I'm just resting in His care, trusting and singing "Have Thine Own Way, LORD".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment