You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Will Someone Get Me A Ladder?

Please excuse me while I get myself up on a very tall soapbox.
I must vent.

I am so very sick and tired of.....

sex.

Yes, you heard me. Sex. No gasping, please. Just hear me out.

I am sick and tired of the world shoving it in my face, and my families face for that matter, every where we go, or so it seems.

I want to wash the worlds mouth out with a big ol' piece of soap. A good cleaning is definitely needed here.

Here's my deal.
Sex is beautiful. Sex is good. Sex is right...in it's place.
May I just say, advertisement pictures, radio and tv, billboards and all other forms of media ARE NOT THE PLACE. Period. No exception.

The problem with it is that you can't help but see it. You can't help but hear about it. You can't help but deal with it in some form or another anywhere you go.
"Sex sells. It gets peoples attention. That's what the people want."  Or that's what they say.
And we are buying into it. Even as Christians we are slowly and very surly being desensitized to it. We don't even blink when we see the half naked woman plastered bigger than life (in more ways than one) all over ads and storefronts. We don't even pause when we hear sex talked about in a vulgar and crude way. We just absorb it and move on. Dare I say, we may even join in the fun sometimes?

Is that okay?

I say no. Because it is an offense to the original creation and design of what sex is supposed to be.
It has to offend the Creator. And anything that offends the Creator should offend us.

Satan is very good at what he does. And He's sure done a lot with sex.
He took something created beautifully and rightly and twisted it to fit his own devices. I read once that Satan can not create, he can only take what God has created and twist and pervert it. Ain't that sure the case here.
In the eyes of the world, and even in the Christian community, sex has become not only socially acceptable out of it's original context but promoted to the level that you are the strange one if you don't sleep around, talk about it, joke about it, watch it, or condone it.

Where has that view of sex gotten us? Broken lives, broken homes, broken relationships, broken hearts. Broken.
Beaten down in spirit and soul.
Because of sin.
The sin of sex outside of it's intent, offending the creator by going outside the bounds of what He created. And outside of those boundaries, brokenness...and death.

So yeah, I do pause when I see it and hear it and get bombarded with it.
Because a little here, a little there and into the heart it goes. And there it grows. And then it comes out in us. And there you have sin. Started by the little seeds planted at your local town mall.

Radical you say? Yep. Taking things too far? Nope
Look at Christ. He made no room for sin. He hated sin. Sin took Him to the cross.
Part of that was sexual sin.
Sin that starts as a tiny seed that if allowed to take root will bear fruit, from inside your heart, into your life.

Best then to just not let that seed stay there for long.

Okay, I'm going to get down off my box but I have more to say...so...there will be a part two.
I may need that ladder again.

No comments: