You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Preparing For Purity

(continued from previous post)

One big reason all this bothers me, admittedly more than it used to, is that those seeds aren't just getting planted in my head but my husbands head and yes, my precious, innocent daughter's head.
Especially since Little Miss is very observant, smart and aware of things in her world.
 That one stops me in my tracks, folks.
My daughter. Whose 3. Has already seen those ads, those billboards, and as she gets older and exposed to more and more (no matter how much I try not to let that happen) it's gonna start planting some seeds. Again, Satan is good at what he does.
The breaking down or downright taking away of innocence starts early.
And Satan goes about his work.

So, as a parent, even of a 3 year old
I start cultivating her heart. Preparing to fill her heart with good things.
Pulling out whatever seeds I see that could possibly take root.
Trying to keep her FAR AWAY from seed planters.

But I can't always do that.

So I pray. And I prune. And I prepare the soil of her heart for purity.

I use the moments when she does see or hear something to point out the wrong and then to guide her to truth. To take out the bad and replace it with good.
BECAUSE I won't always be there to guard her heart. BECAUSE I won't always be there to shield her or redirect her or tell her it's wrong. She needs to know it and believe it for herself. She needs to know how to keep those things away from her heart so that her life will bear good fruit and not bad.

Hard to do when sex permeates are world.

But a task we as parents must be about.

Because my little girls heart, her life and her very soul is at stake.

My God-given responsibility is to guard her and teach her and train her right.
To lay before her the path to purity and pray that she may chose it and walk into the role of beautiful girlhood and womanhood that God has designed for her so that she may one day present herself to her future husband and to her God, pure and lovely and undefiled.

Purity needs to be not just the goal, but the standard of her life. Of my life.

It just down right irks me that there are so many obstacles that stand in the way.
So many distractions toward that pursuit.
So many worldly voices that would call her to fleeting pleasures.

But with that irkedness (like that word?) comes a stronger determination to do all I can to plant good, leave as little room for bad as possible, rip out what seeds and weeds I can and as she grows, to teach her how to protect her heart from allowing bad sprouts to shoot up and grow.



So, why a post on this subject? 
Simple answer.
Too many signs, advertisements and things heard on the radio in stores. Too much of saying to myself "I hope Lydia didn't see that, hear that or understand that".
I hate that I have to think that. It makes me cringe. It makes me mad. It makes me hurt.

Because I want GOOD for Lydia. God's good.
Not the worlds idea of fun, pleasure and what's cool. I want so much more for her than trifle's the world would set before her that are great for a little while but the end "leads to destruction".

I want LIFE for her. I want PEACE for her. I want the JOY of a pure heart for her.

You don't get that with sin.

And yes, it does all start in little tiny ways. Little things that entice us. Little things that pull us and draw us and call us away from the true path.
Big sin doesn't usually start out big. It just gets that way.

Here's to praying more fervently that God will give all of us parents wisdom on how to start early, protecting, guiding and pursuing a lifetime of purity for the precious little hearts God has entrusted to us.

No comments: