You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

How Amazing Is This!!!!????

I was in the middle of my devotions. Reading along in Ps 119. Did ya'll know that just happens to be one of my favorites? The more I read it, the more I love it!
Anyway, I was reading verse 122 and I kept coming back to the word "surety".
I was sorta unsure of what that really meant so I did an esword seach on it (if you don't have esword you should!).
Here's what it means...
Surety-
To take on/make OUR cause HIS own. To protect the cause as His own.
A pledge of protection (in this case divine protection) as one would protect their own intimate cause. A deep care and concern of a cause taken upon another as if they felt it as their very own.

Ya'll. That. Is. Cool.
I want to weep with  how that just reached out and grabbed me.
You all (since just family reads this) know what we've been dealing with lately. It's been hard, so very hard. But guess what!!!!!! God is a surety to me and my family.
I don't have much more to say on that because I am still pondering it all. I'm trying to wrap it around my brain and tuck it deep in my heart. But I had to share.
I just love God's word and how it speaks to us in times of need.

Pardon me, but I'm just gonna sit here and ponder this thing in my heart for awhile. He's so good!

No comments: